Sweet, nutty, and perfectly spiced, these no-bake carrot cake bites are the perfect healthy snacks to satisfy any sweet tooth. Each bite is packed with satiating oats, heart-healthy flax seeds, sweet dates, warm spices, and more to keep your body and your taste buds happy.
- 1 cup Oats, rolled, gluten-free
- 1/2 cup Flax Seeds
- 1/2 cup Dates, pitted
- 1 cup Walnut, roasted, unsalted – or nuts of your choice, such as pecans
- 2 Carrot – finely chopped, or two cups shredded
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Root, ground
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 cup Coconut, unsweetened flakes – shredded
- 4 tbsp Coconut Butter – softened
- 1/4 cup Coconut, unsweetened flakes – shredded, to roll the bites in
Pulse oats and flax seeds to a coarse powder and set aside.
Pulse dates and walnuts, or nuts of your choice, to desired consistency and set aside.
Add carrots and pulse until bite-sized.
In a medium bowl, add all ingredients, except for 1/4 cup of coconut shreds, and mix to combine.
Roll into bite-sized balls, roughly 1-inch in diameter.
On a separate plate, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of coconut shreds and roll each bite to cover the outside.
Place bites on a baking tray or pan and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
Transfer to an airtight container once hardened.
Recipe: Carrot Cake Bites
Serving in this recipe: 15
|Total Fat: 13.2 g||20.3%|
|Saturated Fat: 6.2 g||31.1%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 114.5 mg||4.8%|
|Total Carbs: 14 g||4.7%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4.8 g||19.4%|
|Sugar: 5 g|
|Protein: 3.6 g||7.2%|
|Vitamin A: 4.6%||Vitamin C: 1%|
|Calcium: 3.2%||Iron: 6%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
No Blender? No Problem!
It's all good, we've got just the button for you.