Sweet, nutty, and perfectly spiced, these no-bake carrot cake bites are the perfect healthy snacks to satisfy any sweet tooth. Each bite is packed with satiating oats, heart-healthy flax seeds, sweet dates, warm spices, and more to keep your body and your taste buds happy.
- 1 cup Oats, rolled, gluten-free
- 1/2 cup Flax Seeds
- 1/2 cup Dates, pitted
- 1 cup Walnut, roasted, unsalted – or nuts of your choice, such as pecans
- 2 Carrot – finely chopped, or two cups shredded
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Root, ground
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 cup Coconut, unsweetened flakes – shredded
- 4 tbsp Coconut Butter – softened
- 1/4 cup Coconut, unsweetened flakes – shredded, to roll the bites in
Pulse oats and flax seeds to a coarse powder and set aside.
Pulse dates and walnuts, or nuts of your choice, to desired consistency and set aside.
Add carrots and pulse until bite-sized.
In a medium bowl, add all ingredients, except for 1/4 cup of coconut shreds, and mix to combine.
Roll into bite-sized balls, roughly 1-inch in diameter.
On a separate plate, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of coconut shreds and roll each bite to cover the outside.
Place bites on a baking tray or pan and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
Transfer to an airtight container once hardened.
Recipe: Carrot Cake Bites
Serving in this recipe: 15
|Total Fat: 13.2 g||20.3%|
|Saturated Fat: 6.2 g||31.1%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 114.5 mg||4.8%|
|Total Carbs: 14 g||4.7%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4.8 g||19.4%|
|Sugar: 5 g|
|Protein: 3.6 g||7.2%|
|Vitamin A: 4.6%||Vitamin C: 1%|
|Calcium: 3.2%||Iron: 6%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
You may also like.
No Blender? No Problem!
It's all good, we've got just the button for you.