Need an energy-boosting snack? These nutrient-packed sesame bites have you covered! Made with oats, sesame seeds, flax seeds, almonds, dates, and more, these bites pack a punch of minerals, protein, and heart-healthy fats!
- 1 cup Oats, rolled, gluten-free
- 3/4 cup Sesame Seeds – white
- 1/2 cup Flax Seeds
- 1 cup Almonds – pulsed
- 1/2 cup Dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Peanut Butter, creamy, unsalted
- 1 tsp Cardamom, green, ground – or pure vanilla powder
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds – black and white, for rolling outside
Pulse oats, ¾ cup of white sesame seeds, and flax seeds to a coarse powder and set aside.
Pulse almonds and dates to desired consistency and set aside.
In a medium bowl, add all ingredients, except for the 1/4 cup of sesame seeds, and mix to combine.
Roll into bite-sized balls, roughly 1-inch in diameter.
On a separate plate, sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of sesame seeds and roll each bite to cover the outside.
Place bites on a baking tray or pan and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
Transfer to an airtight container once hardened.
Recipe: Sesame Bites
Serving in this recipe: 15
|Total Fat: 20.3 g||31.2%|
|Saturated Fat: 3 g||14.8%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 6.5 mg||0.3%|
|Total Carbs: 20 g||6.7%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5.5 g||22.1%|
|Sugar: 8.2 g|
|Protein: 8.9 g||17.9%|
|Vitamin A: 0%||Vitamin C: 0.1%|
|Calcium: 14.8%||Iron: 14.5%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
No Blender? No Problem!
It's all good, we've got just the button for you.