Pumpkins aren’t just for carving, baking, and cramming into lattes. They’re also the star of this perfectly-spiced soup that will warm you up from the inside out. This rich and creamy soup also calls for protein-packed chickpeas and a delicious blend of spices to keep you and your taste buds satisfied.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 cup Garbanzo Beans – canned, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Onion, raw – sliced
- 3 Garlic, clove
- 2 cup Pumpkin Puree, canned – or one 15-oz can
- 2 cup Vegetable Broth, low-sodium
- 1 tsp Ginger Root, ground
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1/8 tsp Clove, ground
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt – or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, ground – or to taste
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
Heat oil and butter in a pot, and sauté chickpeas, onion, and garlic until soft. Mix in spices and set aside to cool.
When cooled completely, add all ingredients except for the cream. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
Pour back into the pot and add 1/2 cup of cream.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Recipe: Pumpkin Cream Soup
Serving in this recipe: 4
|Total Fat: 19.1 g||29.4%|
|Saturated Fat: 9.3 g||46.5%|
|Cholesterol: 41.3 mg||13.8%|
|Sodium: 485.5 mg||20.2%|
|Total Carbs: 26.3 g||8.8%|
|Dietary Fiber: 9 g||35.9%|
|Sugar: 8.7 g|
|Protein: 7.2 g||14.5%|
|Vitamin A: 741.8%||Vitamin C: 7.1%|
|Calcium: 7.3%||Iron: 8.4%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
You may also like.
No Blender? No Problem!
It's all good, we've got just the button for you.