Fudgy, chocolatey, and oh so indulgent, these brownies will make you forget that there are black beans and lentils packed inside. Don't believe us? Give the recipe a try. This sweet treat is gluten-free, protein-rich, and a chocolate lover's dream!
- 1 cup Oats, rolled, gluten-free
- 1 1/2 cup Black Beans, canned, no salt added – drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup Black Lentils, canned, no salt added – drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips – combination of semi-sweet and dark
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips – optional, for presentation
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Pulse oats to a fine powder for about 10 seconds and set aside.
Combine oat powder with remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate chips and baking powder, and blend until completely smooth.
Mix in the baking powder and stir in one cup of chocolate chips.
Pour into a greased 8x16 pan.
Optional: Sprinkle extra chocolate chips (a mix of semi-sweet and dark) over the top.
Bake brownies for 15 to 18 minutes, and then let it cool for at least 10 minutes.
Recipe: Black Bean Brownies
Serving in this recipe: 24
|Total Fat: 9.3 g||14.2%|
|Saturated Fat: 6.4 g||31.9%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 53.4 mg||2.2%|
|Total Carbs: 27.7 g||9.2%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3.9 g||15.6%|
|Sugar: 16.1 g|
|Protein: 3.8 g||7.6%|
|Vitamin A: 0%||Vitamin C: 0.3%|
|Calcium: 3.9%||Iron: 8.4%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
You may also like.
No Blender? No Problem!
It's all good, we've got just the button for you.