Macaroni and cheese will inevitably become one of your child’s favorite foods, so why not embrace it? Infuse your mac and cheese with some puréed cauliflower to give it a nutritional boost. Recommended age: 1 year and up
- 1/4 cup Cauliflower, chopped and steamed – cooled
- 2 tbsp Milk, whole
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese – shredded
- 1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter, unsalted – softened
- 1 1/2 cup Macaroni Noodles – whole grain, cooked
- 1/4 cup Spinach – finely chopped, optional
Add thoroughly cooled cauliflower and milk to the Batchbowl. Puree until smooth.
Add the remaining ingredients (except the noodles and spinach) to the Batchbowl and blend until smooth.
Pour the cheese mixture into a saucepan over medium heat, stirring gently until melted and warm throughout.
Toss in cooked macaroni noodles and stir until sauce is evenly distributed. Fold in spinach if desired.
Recipe: Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Serving in this recipe: 5
|Total Fat: 14.2 g||21.9%|
|Saturated Fat: 8.2 g||40.8%|
|Cholesterol: 40.2 mg||13.4%|
|Sodium: 166.5 mg||6.9%|
|Total Carbs: 29.2 g||9.7%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g||5.4%|
|Sugar: 1.6 g|
|Protein: 11.7 g||23.5%|
|Vitamin A: 9.3%||Vitamin C: 5.3%|
|Calcium: 20.8%||Iron: 7.5%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Can be made with
You may also like.
No Blender? No Problem!
It's all good, we've got just the button for you.