Horchata is a sweet and creamy traditional Mexican beverage that is definitely worth trying. Feel free to substitute the evaporated milk for another plant-based alternative if dairy isn't your thing.
- 2 cup White Rice – soaked overnight, drained
- 4 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk – or milk of choice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground – or two cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar – or sweetener of choice
Add all ingredients into the pitcher. Run Extract setting 2 times.
Strain mixture into a large pitcher. Add ice to Horchata.
Sprinkle ground cinnamon into individual servings and enjoy!
Serving in this recipe: 6
|Total Fat: 5.1 g||7.9%|
|Saturated Fat: 3 g||14.9%|
|Cholesterol: 16.4 mg||5.5%|
|Sodium: 70.7 mg||2.9%|
|Total Carbs: 65.3 g||21.8%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g||8.5%|
|Sugar: 11.7 g|
|Protein: 8.7 g||17.4%|
|Vitamin A: 2.7%||Vitamin C: 2%|
|Calcium: 18.7%||Iron: 16.5%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
You may also like.
No Blender? No Problem!
It's all good, we've got just the button for you.