You likely don't need much convincing to make this guacamole recipe, but here you go: not only does this classic dip taste great, but the heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats from the avocados are incredibly good for you, too. It's also a cinch to whip up!
- 1/2 Onion, raw – red, quartered
- 3 Garlic, clove
- 1/2 cup Cilantro – packed, no stems
- 2 Jalapeno Pepper – deseeded, quartered
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice – or one lime, juiced
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- 2 Avocado – peeled, pitted, and quartered
Add all ingredients, except for the avocado, into the pitcher. Pulse 3 times until ingredients are minced down. Scape down between pulses if necessary.
Add avocado. Pulse until all ingredients are broken down and incorporated into a thick guacamole consistency. Scrape down between pulses if necessary.
Pour into a serving bowl, garnish, and enjoy with some traditional tortilla chips!
Serving in this recipe: 6
|Total Fat: 7.4 g||11.4%|
|Saturated Fat: 1.1 g||5.4%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 398.2 mg||16.6%|
|Total Carbs: 6.5 g||2.2%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3.8 g||15.2%|
|Sugar: 1 g|
|Protein: 1.3 g||2.6%|
|Vitamin A: 0.7%||Vitamin C: 22.5%|
|Calcium: 1.4%||Iron: 2.2%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
You may also like.
No Blender? No Problem!
It's all good, we've got just the button for you.