Topped with roasted butternut squash, pumpkin seeds, fresh Honeycrisp apples, and a smooth maple tahini dressing, this greens and grain bowl has fall written all over it!
- 1 1/2 cup Garbanzo Beans – drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 3 cup Kale – or one bunch
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Carrot – yields 1/2 cup, shredded
- 1/4 Red Cabbage, fresh – yields 1/2 cup, sliced
- 1 Red Apple – or Honeycrisp apple
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds, unsalted
- 1/2 cup Quinoa – or brown/wild rice (optional)
- 1/2 cup Butternut Squash – roasted (optional)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Vinegar, apple cider
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic, clove
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt – or to taste
To make the dressing, add water, tahini, mustard, maple syrup, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and 1/8 tsp of salt in the order listed into the blender cup and run ON for 10 to 15 seconds until blended.
For the bowl, rinse and drain the chickpeas. Set aside.
Wash the kale and roughly chop. Heat oil in a pan and add chopped kale, lightly sautéing on low heat till soft. Set aside.
In the Magic Bullet Kitchen Express, use the shred disc and shred 1 to 2 carrots through the feed chute to yield ½ cup of shredded carrots. Set aside.
Flip the disc around to use the slice disc, and add red cabbage in the feed chute to yield ½ cup of sliced cabbage. Set aside.
Core and quarter apple. With the slice disc, add quartered apples through the feed chute to slice apples.
If time permits, roast squash and prepare grains.
With all your ingredients ready, assemble your bowl to your liking and drizzle on the dressing.
Recipe: Fall Harvest Bowl
Serving in this recipe: 2
|Total Fat: 36.2 g||55.7%|
|Saturated Fat: 4.6 g||23.1%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 652.2 mg||27.2%|
|Total Carbs: 105.5 g||35.2%|
|Dietary Fiber: 19.4 g||77.7%|
|Sugar: 33.2 g|
|Protein: 26.9 g||53.8%|
|Vitamin A: 37.5%||Vitamin C: 165.6%|
|Calcium: 28.6%||Iron: 40.5%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Can be made with
You may also like.
No Blender? No Problem!
It's all good, we've got just the button for you.