Get in touch with your roots. This deeply nourishing soup is equal parts sweet and savory, with a kick of fresh ginger to make its flavors sing.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic, clove
- 1 Onion, raw – small, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Carrot – roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Celeriac – roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Parsnip – roughly chopped
- 1 Ginger Root, fresh – 1-inch piece
- 2 cup Vegetable Broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vinegar, apple cider
- 1 tbsp Chives, raw – or scallions for garnish (optional)
Saute garlic, onion, carrot, celery root, parsnip with olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon of salt in a pan for 2 minutes on low to medium heat.
Add 1 cup broth and ginger and cover the pan to soften the vegetables for 10 minutes.
Turn off heat and remove the lid to allow the mixture to cool.
Add all cooled ingredients, plus the remaining 1 cup broth, 1 cup water, apple cider vinegar, and ¼ tsp salt to the pitcher. Cover the pitcher with a pitcher lid, making sure the vented lid cap is inserted and secure before blending.
Blend using the SOUPS program.
Add blended soup to a small pot and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve with a garnish of chives or scallions and a drizzle of cashew crema.
Recipe: Carrot and Ginger Soup
Serving in this recipe: 4
|Total Fat: 3.8 g||5.8%|
|Saturated Fat: 0.5 g||2.7%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 402.9 mg||16.8%|
|Total Carbs: 13.5 g||4.5%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||12%|
|Sugar: 5.5 g|
|Protein: 1.4 g||2.8%|
|Vitamin A: 26.8%||Vitamin C: 19%|
|Calcium: 4.7%||Iron: 2.8%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Can be made with
You may also like.
No Blender? No Problem!
It's all good, we've got just the button for you.