Leave no waste behind with this ingenious (and delicious) recipe, which repurposes pulp to make a savory, earthy pesto. We recommend using leftovers from the Emerald Green juice, but you can substitute with spin-offs from any of your greener concoctions.
- 1/4 cup Emerald Green Juice Pulp
- 1 cup Basil
- 1 cup Green Onions
- 2 Garlic, clove
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds, unsalted
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt – or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, ground – or to taste
Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
Serve with toast, pasta, crackers, or roasted veggies.
Recipe: No Waste Pesto
Serving in this recipe: 4
|Total Fat: 31.8 g||48.9%|
|Saturated Fat: 4.5 g||22.6%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 158.8 mg||6.6%|
|Total Carbs: 3.4 g||1.1%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g||4.6%|
|Sugar: 1 g|
|Protein: 2.8 g||5.7%|
|Vitamin A: 4.3%||Vitamin C: 9.5%|
|Calcium: 2.7%||Iron: 6%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Can be made with
You may also like.
No Blender? No Problem!
It's all good, we've got just the button for you.