Easy enough for a weeknight, but sophisticated enough for entertaining, this combination of creamy and comforting polenta, earthy mushrooms, succulent tomatoes, and tangy goat cheese is a hit, no matter the occasion.
- 1/2 cup Polenta – or coarsely ground corn meal
- 3 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- 1 Garlic, clove – minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese – freshly grated
- 4 Portobello Mushroom, fresh – baby, halved
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes – halved
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Vinegar, balsamic
- 1/8 tsp Salt – or to taste
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper, ground – or to taste
- 2 tbsp Goat Cheese – optional
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Combine polenta, water, salt, black pepper, garlic, and parmesan in the Cooking Pot and stir together. Close the lid, select the WHITE RICE setting.
While the polenta cooks, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread mushrooms and tomatoes on the sheet and toss with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper. Roast for 12 minutes.
Once the EveryGrain™ Cooker completes the cooking program, allow the polenta to sit for 10 minutes before opening the lid to ensure it absorbs all of the liquid.
Spoon polenta into a serving platter and top with roasted vegetables and optional goat cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with crushed pepper flakes before serving.
Recipe: Savory Polenta with Roasted Balsamic Mushrooms & Tomatoes
Serving in this recipe: 4
|Total Fat: 9 g||13.8%|
|Saturated Fat: 3.7 g||18.6%|
|Cholesterol: 14.8 mg||4.9%|
|Sodium: 391.1 mg||16.3%|
|Total Carbs: 18.4 g||6.1%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g||10.2%|
|Sugar: 3.7 g|
|Protein: 8 g||15.9%|
|Vitamin A: 4.7%||Vitamin C: 2.6%|
|Calcium: 16%||Iron: 7%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Can be made with
You may also like.
No Blender? No Problem!
It's all good, we've got just the button for you.