Fried food: that perfect contrast of when crispy meets tender really is one of life’s simple pleasures. But, as we know, frying can be messy, time-consuming, and not the most healthful option – especially when we eat it on a regular basis. Enter air frying.
Need more convincing?
6 Benefits of Air Frying
Here are the top reasons why we (registered dietitian nutritionists) love air frying.
- Keeps your health a top priority. We’re dietitians, but we’re also food lovers. And while fried food can have its place, making a regular appearance on your menu isn’t ideal for long-term heart health. Air-frying is a healthier alternative to deep-frying. Without excess oil, it significantly helps to reduce caloric intake from foods traditionally deep-fried.
- The sky’s the limit. From meat and seafood to veggies, desserts, and even leftovers, you can cook just about anything in your air fryer!
- It’s crazy convenient. One of the biggest hurdles to eating healthfully that we hear from our clients is time. There’s never enough of it, is there? It undoubtedly takes time to plan, shop, and prepare healthful meals. Thankfully, there are a few resources and appliances you can utilize to help make cooking good food at home less daunting. With air-frying, you can serve up a delicious and nutrient-packed meal in a matter of minutes.
- Less mess. Let’s face it, deep-frying can be really messy. Air-frying quickly and neatly prepares meals in a compact fry pot that can easily be cleaned and put away. Having fewer dishes to do is always a win.
- Punch up veggie appeal. If you have little ones at home that aren’t the best at meeting their daily veggie quota, crispy air-fried veggies are a great way to make vegetables a little more appetizing to pickier palates.
- Two words: chicken wings. You can easily prepare some of your favorite foods to crisp perfection while still keeping your health, time, and clean kitchen top priorities.