Okay, so you just unpacked your Mini Juicer. Where do you take it from here? Like most things in life, the juicing process goes much more smoothly when you’re properly prepared. Here are our best tips and tricks for getting your ducks in a row for your juiciest enjoyment.
- Prep your kitchen. A clean kitchen is always the perfect place to start. Make sure your surfaces are tidy and you’ve done the dishes. You won’t want to wash your produce in a sink that’s full of plates and bowls. It’s also good to have the right tools for the job. “Have some good quality kitchen knives, as well as a cutting board on-hand to help with all your produce prep,” advises our in-house chef, Mayra Lopez.
- Prep your produce. Next, you’ll want to rinse the produce items you have on hand with water, peel or remove skin as needed, and chop food items down to the right size – just small enough to fit easily into the food chute, without having to force pieces down with the food pusher. Remove the rind from any citrus fruits and the large pits from stone fruits. Keep in mind that if you have any fruits or veggies that are heading south fast, juicing is the perfect way to use them up before it’s too late.
- Pick your favorite flavor enhancers. Ginger root, turmeric root, cayenne pepper, honey, and herbs like parsley, mint, and basil all make exciting additions to tried-and-true fruit and veggie juices.
- Store appropriately. If you’re up for it, prep a large amount of produce, then store in airtight containers in your refrigerator so it’s all ready to juice when you are.
- Get to it. There’s no need to stress about making the perfect juice or following a recipe to a tee now – just get started with this simple strategy. You can also freeze the juice you make in ice cube trays to use at a later date, or you can get creative and make your own homemade immunity “shots” with leftover juice.
And lucky for you, the magic bullet Mini Juicer has dozens of fruit juice, veggie juice, and green juice recipes to get you making fresh juice at home. Here are three of our absolute favorites.
Pick Me. It’s not like other juices. This sweet, refreshing blend of apple, pear, and strawberry tastes like it’s straight from the orchard but acts like it doesn’t know it.
Citrus Supreme. What’s better than one type of citrus in your juice? Three types of citrus in your juice! Get your squeeze on with this perfectly tangy blend of orange, grapefruit, and clementine.
Mint to Be. Tart and tangy with an invigorating blast of fresh mint, this glowing green elixir offers mouth-tingling sensations in every sip.