We’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What you have for breakfast can make a big impact if you eat foods that honor your hunger and fullness cues. You’ll also be less likely to overeat in the evening if you’re eating enough balanced meals and snacks throughout the day.
What you want to look for are meals that have a good balance of nutrients, with protein and fiber to keep you feeling fuller longer.
If you’re usually short on time, here are some quick and easy breakfasts to fuel you until lunch!
5 Nutritious Breakfast Ideas
Prep the Night Before
You don’t have to sacrifice nutrition if you’re short on time in the morning. Preparing the night before means that you’ll have a healthy breakfast ready for you before you wake up.
- Overnight Oats – You can make a big batch to have throughout the week. Top this off with flax seeds, hemp seeds, or your favorite nuts and berries.
- Chia Pudding – You can make this in batches or single servings to have any time of day. Try swapping the almond milk for soy milk for an added boost of protein.
You’ve all heard of avocado toast; try adding these tasty spreads to your next toast! For easy ways to incorporate the 4 Foods You Should be Eating Every Day, add these recipes to your breakfast toast rotation.
- Classic Hummus – For an extra crunch, top this with toasted sesame or pumpkin seeds.
- Luscious Lentil Curry Dip – Try with sliced avocado.
Starting your day with a smoothie is an excellent way to get your fruits and veggies, along with other nutrient-rich ingredients, first thing in the morning.
- Breakfast Smoothie – Try our favorite breakfast smoothie to kick start your morning.
Try whipping these up for your next breakfast!
It’s key to listen to your body’s hunger cues. If you feel like you need more fuel or if you have an active morning, be sure to have some nuts and fruits on hand for easy snacking until your next meal!